Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lazy Daisy

It's been a few days between posts. I've had a lot of personal issues happening that have kept me rather uninspired when it comes to blogging. I haven't been to the gym in a week. The last time I went, Eisley screamed in the daycare so hard and long that the girl came and got me off of the elliptical so I could take her home. I have been keeping active around the house as best I can. I'll be going back to the gym tomorrow when I'm feeling 100% again.
I feel stalled already, I'm not feeling any better about myself. I feel less and less motivated to work out and be active, and maybe that's just from being tormented at night by the baby, but I am just so tired all the time. I know proper sleep is a key ingredient in weight loss, but is it possible to lose while sleep deprived? I feel like it's just not happening for me.
I keep putting on weight despite having cut out soda, pretty much all junk food (I eat the occasional cookies and handful of goldfish crackers), and stopped eating at restaurants unless it is a family dinner. I know being healthy is about balance, which I'm definitely close to achieving. I've cut down my carbs (which if you know me personally, you know I LOVE pasta and bread), and upped my fruits, veggies, nuts and meats/fish. I'm even trying to avoid frying foods.
My mom gave me her Weight Watchers cookbook, so I'm going to start using recipes from there too. 

At the rate I'm going, I'm still going to be in maternity jeans and a skirted swimsuit by June and I am so not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment