Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

This weekend was Easter. I made a vow to try and keep away from all of the typical sweet temptations that come along with any holiday. I had to cook for my mom (I make perogies every year), but I managed to resist eating spoonfuls of potato filling like I normally do. I made four dozen perogies, and didn't make any for myself!

Anyway, I digress. I kept myself insanely busy this week. Eisley and I went for walks Monday and Tuesday evening with one of my nearest and dearest friends and her daughter. Wednesday we went to Mommy and Me and the gym. Thursday we went to the gym, the mall to pick up a few things, and to the park for a walk. Friday I took off because I was very tired. Saturday we were back at the gym, and for the first time in months, Eisley didn't shed a tear! We also went shopping and to the park for a while.

SO, back to Sunday. We went to my mom's house for brunch around 10:30. I ate a bit of kielbasa, and a couple of perogies (I had to make sure they were acceptable ;-) ), and then left to go to dinner with Mike's family. We walked to the restaurant because it was so gorgeous outside and it's like half a mile down the road. I thought I could at LEAST find one food to eat at the restaurant, but I was mistaken. I couldn't stomach any of the stuff in the buffet, so I sat and watched everyone else eat. I did eat a couple of cream puffs for dessert, but that was about it. I was STARVING last night, so I ate a banana.

Tomorrow I'll be back at the gym, and weather permitting, taking a walk in the evening. I'm still floating between 180-185 lbs, which is still discouraging. I'm trying to cut down on my milk intake, since I have a serious addiction to it and can never seem to drink enough. I'm hoping maybe since it's my last thing I have yet to remove from my diet that maybe it will help. Also, I am happy to report that Eisley is fully weaned, which is a huge relief and also hopefully helpful in my quest. I really need to call the doctor's office and ask if they have a cancellation list I can get on in hopes of getting a closer appointment.

I think that's it for now!

-Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Keep up your effort, lady, you are truly doing a great job! Remember, the numbers on the scale mean nothing-it is the way you feel at the end of the day. Also keep in mind that it took a while for you to get to this point-it will take more than a few days, weeks and sometimes months to get rid of it. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Let's go walking this summer together :)

    xoxo- Katie Zold

    ReplyDelete