Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nothing New

It's been two weeks since my doctor's appointment. I've been careful to eat at least two cups of vegetables and fruit daily, and I've been working out more on top of doing more activities on my off days. I've started forcing myself to eat salad again, since my doctor recommended I eat at least one daily.
I got a job at the gym's day care, which is awesome since it will give me my membership and childcare for free.

Despite exercising more, and eating even healthier, and having a decent deficit for calories at the end of the day (Most of the time), I've managed to gain weight again. It's only a pound, but I'm still very agitated by the fact. I spent Friday and Saturday in NY with Beth, and we walked pretty much everywhere (We went to the Met and I finally got to see exhibits I wanted to see), despite the extremely oppressive heat. I made decent food choices, and I still gained.

I also quit the facebook group I had joined for moms trying to lose weight. I found some of the women to be preachy, judgmental, insufferable cunts about EVERYTHING, including what heart rate monitor to buy. Apparently if you don't buy a Polar brand monitor with a chest strap, it's a waste of money *eye roll*. I don't need constant monitoring, I just want to confirm that the machines I'm using are accurate. It was demotivating to read posts there day in and day out. The way I see it, I can find, and have found better women, and men to help support me (Thank you MFP!).

Anyway, I'm tired of thinking about this shit, and I have to get dressed for the gym.
If I don't see any progress in the next couple of weeks I'm going to look elsewhere for help with weight loss.

I'd rather be napping,
-N.


2 comments:

  1. It sucks to gain when you are doing things "right." Happens to me all of the time too. Has the doctor tested hormone levels? That can sometimes screw with you. I'm trying to lose 80+ lbs, which is up from 60 lbs since G was born. I too, would rather be napping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she did. She tested my thyroid, glucose, cholesterol, and I think one other thing.
      I'm so frustrated!

      Delete